Don't Miss> Donate towards Environmental Education Project today |School Conservation Club
We believe that a strong environmental education programmes is essential for long-term conservation.
Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) Environmental Education (EE)is a collective efforts to create awareness about how natural environments function and, particularly, how human beings can manage their behavior and ecosystem so they can live sustainable.
It is essential to appreciate the environment and what we intend to do with it, so as to have a sense of belonging to global environment, knowing how dependent we are on nature and making each an everyone of us respect and responsible for our impact on it.
EE started in Nigeria due to environmental issues of the early 1980's which was shouldered by NCF and Nigerian Educational Research Development Council (NERDC).These two organizations contributed a great deal of efforts towards the development of EE curricula for secondary schools as well as community conservation club.
EE‘s importance cannot be over emphasizes as it aim at the following:
- Increases student engagement in science.
- Improves student achievement in core subject areas.
- Provides critical tools for a 21st century workforce.
- Helps address nature deficit disorder.
- Produces lifelong learners, effective workers and problem solvers, thoughtful community leaders and individuals who care about the people, and the environment in which they live.
- Promotes tolerance for diverse views.
- Links human health and Environmental Health.
- Reaches out to all audiences and promotes social equity.
- Work for sustainable future.
- The library has journals, articles and newsletters for environmental research and children library.
- Resources available for sales are EE Series, Textbooks on Birds, Journals, Compendium, nature watch magazine and in view children environmental books.
For Educational programmes and School visits, please call: 0903 467 9399, 07028469598